I love it when you find a recipe for something that you really like from one of your favorite restaurants. This recipe is one I like from Ted’s Montana Grill. They make theirs with bison, but I just can’t go there. I’ve seen them right beside my car in Yellowstone Park and I think they are much too cute to be meatloaf! Ted’s always features a soup of the day and I would love to find the recipe for their Baked Potato Soup. It’s sooo good. If any of you out there have it or know how to get it, please let me know!
1. Saute onions, peppers, and garlic until soft. Cook before proceeding.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, thyme, parsley, seasoning salt, black pepper, half and half, and ketchup. Mix completely.
3. Place the fresh ground meat into a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled vegetables and the egg/spice mixture. Gently mix by hand. Add the breadcrumbs to the meat mixture and mix until combined.
4. Put meat into 9×5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Allow the meat to cool 10 minutes before slicing.
5. **Do not pour juices off top of the meatloaf. I did it and was dry. Try letting it sit so that the meat reabsorbs the juices.
6. ****Do NOT put glaze on the meatloaf. Pour heated sauce over the slices when you serve it.
7. Glaze: Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan. Over medium heat, mix until fully combined. Cook for five minutes.