Rosa Mexicana Guacamole
1 teaspoon white onion
1 tablespoon cilantro
2 teaspoons jalapeno
1 teaspoon salt
3 hass avocados
3 tablespoons diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
1. Grind 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onion, 1 firmly packed tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a molcajete until all the ingredients are well ground. (Alternatively, use a fork to mash the ingredients to a paste in a wide bowl.)
2. Cut 3 medium-ripe hass avocados (about 8 ounces each) in half. Twist the halves to separate them and remove the pit with the tip of the knife. Place an avocado half, cut side up, in your palm and make 3 or 4 evenly spaced lengthwise cuts through its flesh down to the skin, without cutting through the skin. Make 4 crosswise cuts in the same fashion.
3. Scoop the diced avocado flesh into the molcajete. Repeat with remaining avocado halves. Gently fold the avocado into the chile-onion paste, keeping the avocado fairly intact.
4. Add 3 tablespoons diced tomato, 2 firmly packed tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onion.
5. Fold together all ingredients. Taste and add salt, if necessary.
6. Serve immediately, directly from the molcajete (or bowl), with tortilla chips.