Treat! Great friends Mark and Debra are coming by this afternoon with a special bacon treat. Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies. Yumm! What’s not to love? I told Mark, bacon is meat candy. He is an avid bacon fan! His wife, though will not have any part of this. She is a veg. Mark served these at a New Years party they had a week ago and they were the first things to go. Try them. You will like them.
Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies
- 1 package Beef ‘Lil Smokies
- 1 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each smokie and place them seam side down in glass baking dish. Can line the dish with parchment paper for ease of removal but it’s not necessary.
- Top liberally with brown sugar.
- Refrigerate for several hours; overnight is best.
- Remove from the refrigerator and bake in a 350° oven for 50 minutes in middle of oven – at least 6” from heating element. Watch closely as oven temperatures may vary and they may be done sooner.
Serve immediately. Have a box of toothpicks handy.